Sunday, April 12, 2009

SEEFAD: Self Employed Experience For A Day Preparation

Tomorrow I try a SEEFAD, a concept I borrowed from the Corporatepreneur blog. SEEFAD stands for Self Employed Experience For A Day and will allow me to experience a taste of being by own boss and doing things solely because I want to. Here is what the Corporatepreneur guys said about it:
"What we do is take a vacation day or use one of the many holiday days off to mimic a "a day in the life of working for ourselves." And the experience is amazing. It's like fast-forwarding into the future when you can control what you do and when you do it. And all of your productivity benefits you directly.

SEEFAD doesn't mean that we spend that entire day working a 9 to 5 for our own job. Some of us wake up late - hit the gym (because we always said we'd get in shape if we had more time) and then work leisurely from home. Other times a small group of 2-3 of us meet at a coffee shop with Wi-Fi and build our own businesses with great drinks and great company. Nothing is more motivating than being around others who are entrepreneurs (or have the entrepreneurial spirit) as well."
I'm going to do some preliminary research tonight so that I can hit the ground running tomorrow morning. I've always found that accomplishing things early inspires me to be more productive the rest of the day so I want to make sure I have a plan for the first couple hours.

In addition to observing the self-employed experience, I'm also using the day to measure my potential level of productivity building/writing content for websites. Then I plan to use the new 'data' as a benchmark to schedule a post graduation site building schedule.

Unfortunately I do have some commitments (including studying for a test thats on Tuesday) tomorrow, but they are minor and commitments will always exist even in a self employed world. I'm hoping to get in 6 to 8 hours of work in addition to a trip to the bookstore and a morning exercise/meditation session. I'll report back tomorrow night or Tuesday to review my experience and accomplishments.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great Brad! Looking forward to reading about the results.

    ReplyDelete