Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Productivity Analysis III

I did little on the entrepreneurial front over the last several days, but with good cause. I had a giant project due today for my wireless networking class. Of course, being the king of procrastination, I didn't start on it over the weekend like I wanted to. But being alone with college basketball playoffs can do that to you.

However, my partner and I pretty much finished the project in time. We were up most of the night and each skipped a class this morning to finish. However, this makes it hard to call myself unproductive over the last couple days. I need to somehow push an element of this kind of motivation into my internet projects.

I did a small amount more research for the clone sites I plan to launch in terms of categories, site architecture, and the like. I still haven't selected concrete categories or written any content. I will have to mull over everything first before I spend any serious time. Also, the veggiehub is still a higher priority.

Hypothetically the official launch date is April 1, but now I'm pretty well behind schedule. After some brainstorming I decided that the reason that I am not making progress is because I don't enjoy writing these initial articles. There is some level of basics that the site should cover that need to be up for the launch, but I find these article types to be rather boring.

Once the site is launched, there will be less articles of this basic nature and more about current events, analysis, and other more fun stuff. I suppose I just need to charge in and get the writing over with for the launch. What stinks about being behind schedule is that the launch won't be at all dramatic because I haven't done any marketing so I just have a few daily remnant visitors from the veggiehub sites of the past.

I have an "important" test on Thursday and then I'm heading to Martinsville this weekend for the Nascar race so I'll be lacking on accomplishments until next Tuesday or Wednesday probably. So, I plan to post again at the end of next week.

2 comments:

  1. Brad, you're too hard on yourself! Stop focusing on all the stuff you didn't do.

    What DID you do? I find that even if you work on something for only 10 minutes I feel really good about it. And you really advance stuff more than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Dale. I do have a major tendency to focus on the negative aspects of things.

    Sometimes all it takes is a small step and some positive thinking! I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

    ReplyDelete