Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Dense Fog

It seems that I haven't accomplished very much in the last several weeks. I don't really have answers as to why, so I'm writing this post to think through what the problems could be and how to resolve them. If I ramble and repeat myself...at least now you know why.

So you can see that its been just more than a month since my last post. I realized that I've been very unproductive, so that makes sense to me. Not only did I not have motivation to write a new post, but I wouldn't have had anything to write about. I was very excited while writing my last post about the future of VeggieHub and the prospects for LogoAnalysis. This time I don't have anything exciting to write about...except that I'm doing so little that I let veggiehub.com expire before I paid to renew it *eyeroll*.

I created deadlines for the relaunch of VeggieHub. This was supposed to motivate me because I'm deadline driven (or at least, I think I am). Luckily I disguised an extra week into the timeline so I'm not that far off of where I need to be to finish all of the important things by April 1. However, something has completely stopped me from making progress.

Some sort of block has created itself firmly in the way of any progress I could make. I even have half of a very well written article for the VeggieHub. It may only need two more paragraphs, and yet it has sat incomplete for more than a week.

I guess my mind has been elsewhere; it is probably more focused on obtaining a job following graduation. I feel like I'm at wits end regarding getting a job, like all my potential sources are drying up. However, I haven't done much regarding getting new sources in the last several weeks either. Its like I'm frozen.

Spring break was last week. Although I had big plans for 8 hour days, I did little. I had a job interview on Thursday and Friday and probably just couldn't refocus my brain away from that because I really want the position badly.

The other thing that bothers me about my lack of accomplishments is that I have less to do right now than I have ever before and probably ever will again, at least until I retire. I'm only taking four classes--two of which are biology classes that require no work 90% of the time. The other two should require work, but somehow I manage not to really do anything. SO WHAT AM I DOING ALL THE TIME???

Starting right now I'm going to keep a paper log of what I am doing with every waking minute. Maybe then I can analyze what I'm throwing my time away on. I think basically I just read Reddit and watch movies all day. I don't even have cable right now.

As soon as I'm done writing this I'm going to go clear off the marker board (which currently has the VeggieHub deadlines, which I'll transfer to paper) and create a list of action items with deadlines attached. I have to somehow make my entrepreneurial activites more important than surfing the web and other nonsense. Its really stupid that I have to consider this because I WANT to pursue my internet ideas...I shouldn't have to trick myself into doing it.

Okay, here I go...I'll post back on here by Friday night to verify my progress, mainly with myself since I don't think anyone reads this. By Friday night I should have a solid collection of completed action items and have more things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment