Friday, June 19, 2009

Take an Idea and Run With It

Talk about a long lull in activity...it was interesting that I hit it the same time the guys at Corporatepreneur did. I guess my lack of activity was just caused by the recent turmoil in my life. Things have to be relatively settled before I can think well and clearly.

Anyway, I was going pretty hard at the job search. That may void the title of the blog for some people, but it was all according to plan. The idea was to get a solid career related job (preferably one where I could learn some new skills to help me with my future endeavors) to get me on my feet somewhere and then start a venture or two on the side with hopes that after a year or two I could step back from the cubicle before I got too entrenched.

As it turns out, the universe (but mostly the economy) has been plotting against me. I came close to scoring a job offer on several occasions, but nothing has worked out so far. Applying for jobs for 4-6 hours per day just wasn't giving me any satisfaction and really turning my outlook negative in a hurry. There was a day in the middle of this week when something really clicked--I'm here indefinitely, time to start getting on with life.

I usually can't understand why I don't get hired for a position. Many times it is out of our own control, but when you really feel like you're the perfect candidate to take the figurative dam and blast it wide open it is really discouraging when you find out the bad news. I've felt like this for two positions recently, where I just can't imagine a candidate who is a more perfect fit than I am.

Well, I realized that just means its time to use the 'potential' and 'drive' that I've always been told I have to (taking a semi-quote from 300) do what I was trained to do, what I was bred to do, what I was born to do! I've come up with an idea for a business that I think could be a real winner. Everything is under tight lock-down right now, but I'm really optimistic and excited about the idea and opportunity.

I'll let everyone in on the secret when the website is complete, posted, and functional (and when I get the name on all of the social networking sites). Anyway, I will probably relocate this blog to my own domain (allmendingerenterprises.com) which is just sitting empty right now. Redoing that site with this blog attached is on my to do list right after the business's website.

I have to say, sorry to toot my own horn, but the website I'm making for this business looks well beyond my normal capability level, almost as if a graphic designer has swooped down and taken hold of my mouse! If you can't tell, I'm excited about this to the highest degree. Hopefully that will translate to success.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Brad! Let's get out of the dip together. Can't wait to see your site!

    ReplyDelete